Thursday, April 3, 2008

After the intensity of that last one..

well things have been pretty hectic lately, I spose thats what you get for it being the tail end of the semester..I just know this month will fly right by! This weekend will be pretty busy, studying all weekend for my test in women in the visual arts on monday, plus work all weekend. Oh for fun! I just spent my whole evening copying my notes onto my computer..hmm. I have a paper due on Wednesday, a project due on Thursday, and I'll be heading to the cities Thursday for a "field trip" to an art muesum..yes I'm 21 and still go on field trips. Otherwise I had my crit. for my Printmaking class, and holy crap did everyone like my stuff!!! I'm just really taking what advice my peers and teachers have been telling me and running with them. I love school sometimes, but I'll be glad when this whole business is over with. I've really been studying different graphic designers and one artist that really catches my eye is David Carson.

Who does a lot of photography and print design, especially for surf promotions etc...what I'd like to do but for the motorsport field. His work with typography is really sweet too! I figured out I probably have 2 years left, seems like a long time-but it'll go by quick. Then, I have no idea where I'll end up..I'd still love to go out West and move to Denver. It'd be amazing to see the mountains.......
A girl can always dream right?? =)
This summer is gonna be pretty hectic I've got a lot of work to do artist-wise, and I'll be working a lot...but I love my job in the summer so I really wouldn't call it work. haha.
Other news, I found out the other day that Brandons house caught fire, luckily nobody was hurt. It really couldn't have happened at a worse time. He is stationed over in Kosovo until July, so he was sent home to try to patch up the pieces and figure out what to do..I can't imagine what is going through his head. I really hope everything is going okay. There is a donation being set up for him and his family-which I plan on donating to. If there is anyone in this world that I'd care to donate to it would be for him..I'd much rather physically help him out, but I think right now wouldn't be the time to do so. He needs to be with his family and trying to figure something out. But my prayers are with him and his family. I also found out that one of the pro quad racers out of Hutchinson MN fathers committed suicide the other night, I don't need to get into my thoughts on suicide and my views on it..but I do give my prayers to that family also.
Just happy I lived another day, and blessed with my health and the people around me..Goodnight.

No comments: